LLB (Hons), Notary Public. Partner
Rob heads up our Auckland Commercial Practice. He has over thirty years of experience specialising in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, trade practices, competition law, corporate governance and risk assessment. During the course of Rob's legal career he has been seconded to international locations to oversee acquisition and associated due diligence. He also set up the Middle Eastern Operations for another National firm. Rob provides advice to listed, multinational and private companies. He will provide you with sound advice and will understand your business, your business needs and your expectations.
- Seconded as General Counsel to Oracle Racing, during the 33rd America’s Cup campaign, and was involved in regular negotiations with local and central government regulators on environmental, maritime, employment, tax and other issues.
- Advised on numerous mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures particularly in relation to the food, port, and infrastructure sectors.
- Provided advice to listed companies and multinational companies.
- Provided advice to commercial property developers, retail managers and lessees, and in particular to both shopping centre managers and national retail store owners.
- Had extensive international and government experience, assisting businesses to set up overseas and meet the applicable regulatory requirements.
- Experience and involvement over the past 15 years in local government issues, which has included public private partnerships in the film industry, port sector, and the residential and commercial property development sectors.
- Providing advice to companies on governance and restructuring matters.
- Co-Author: New Zealand section of the American Bar Association's books on Global Mergers and Acquisitions
- Co-Author: New Zealand section of the American Bar Association's books on Global Competition Law
- Institute of Directors
- Inter Pacific Bar Association
- Society of Notaries
- NZ Middle East Business Council